1) Doc Radio
Would you be interested in “LIVE” discussions with other doctoral candidates? Then join us in the broadcasting studio for Doc Radio!
We, Shing & Laura, will be organizing a radio program in summer semester 2012 with support from the International Graduate Academy (IGA) and the university radio station Echo FM 88.4. Doc Radio will provide an open forum for discussions and information on academic and social aspects of life as a doctoral candidate in Freiburg. You are invited to participate, and of course to tune in. All programs will also be available in podcast format.
Possible topics include:
1) What do doctoral candidates do all day, anyway? Doctoral candidates from chemistry, philosophy, and law discuss their daily routines (other fields are of course also possible).
2) How do doctoral candidates fund their studies? Doctoral candidates discuss advantages and disadvantages of their financial situation.
3) Where are you from? International Doctoral candidates report about student life in their home countries.
4) What are the best and worst things about Germany? International doctoral candidates talk about their impressions of Germany.
5) Video games, comics, science fiction, the numerical value of pi: nerdy dissertation topics and how to deal with them.
6) ProDoc: An initiative by doctoral candidates for doctoral candidates
7) Sports for doctoral candidates in Freiburg
8) The Senate of the University of Freiburg
If you have something to say about these topics or have suggestions for other topics for a Doc Radio program, please contact us (Laura Palmieri & Shing Ye). Our email address is: email@example.com. We’re looking forward to you and your contributions!