Mentoring and Equal Opportunity
Mentoring for doctoral candidates at the faculties of the University of Freiburg
Several faculties of the University of Freiburg offer a mentoring service or are in the process of conceiving one.
The goal of mentoring is to provide career support to female doctoral candidates and encourage networking.
If you are interested in taking advantage of this service, please contact the representative for mentoring at your faculty.
|Faculty of Law||Katharina König|
|Faculty of Theology||Dominik Skala|
|Faculty of Forest and Environmental Sciences||Dr. Judy Simon|
|Faculty of Economics and Behavioral Sciences||Prof. Dr. Günter Müller|
|Faculty of Chemistry, Pharmacy, and Earth Sciences||Dr. Ina Sieckmann-Bock|
MuT - Mentoring and Training (Baden-Württemberg’s MuT Program)
For the support and career advancement of highly qualified female junior researchers in Baden-Württemberg.
The MuT Program is run by the State Conference of Equal Opportunity Representatives at Higher Education Institutions in Baden-Württemberg (LaKoG). Eligible to participate in the program are female private lecturers, junior professors, habilitation candidates, postdoctoral researchers, and doctoral candidates at universities and other higher education institutions in Baden-Württemberg. The MuT Program is funded by the State Ministry of Science, Research, and the Arts.
The mentoring and training program consists of five elements:
1. orientation course
2. training courses, workshops, and conferences
3. advising and coaching
4. help finding a mentor
Landeskonferenz der Gleichstellungsbeauftragten
an den wissenschaftlichen Hochschulen Baden-Württembergs (LaKoG)
Dr. Anke Väth
D - 70174 Stuttgart
Equal Opportunity Representative for the Academic Domain
According to the law on universities and academies for cooperative education in Baden-Württemberg (State Higher Education Act), the main tasks of the central equal opportunity representatives are:
- helping to realize the constitutionally mandated equal opportunity standards for men and women and to remove existing disadvantages for women in academic positions as well as for female students
- participating in sessions of the Senate and its commissions as well as in appointment and selection committees
- helping formulate job postings and participating in job interviews and selection procedures in the academic domain
- presenting a yearly report to the Senate
- advising and supporting female students and women engaged in academic work at the university in cases of sexual harassment. (The faculty equal opportunity representative provides advice and support to victims in order to ensure a climate in which the personal integrity and dignity of everyone involved are treated with respect.)
- advising and supporting students in cases of hardship
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the faculty equal opportunity representative:
Dr. Ina Sieckmann-Bock
Werthmannstr. 8, rear building, ground floor (formerly Werderring)
D - 79098 Freiburg
Appointments by prior arrangement only.