The IGA is the central service department of the University of Freiburg for all questions concerning doctoral studies.
It offers the university’s doctoral candidates the following services:
- A transdisciplinary qualification program with an average of 70 courses and workshops per year in the areas management and communication, media and data processing, languages, higher education teaching methodology, career planning and career entry, and practical orientation. Approximately 1/5 of the university’s doctoral candidates have taken advantage of the course program to date and have given the courses an average grade of 1.4 in course evaluations!
„My new job as project developer is fantastic! In addition to the professional qualifications I received in Freiburg, I greatly value the transdisciplinary skills I acquired in workshops offered by the International Graduate Academy.“
„I would like to thank the IGA for organizing and offering the courses. I profited from them in many ways. I would like to thank you and your colleagues for all of the organizational work.“
- Individual career advising and support in applying for scholarships, publication subsidies, and research-related travel costs. Last semester, our academic coordinators advised a total of 150 doctoral candidates.
„Thanks a lot for the informational material. I would also like to thank you again for your dedication. The advising session was very informative and helpful.“
- Individual coaching. Last year almost 50 early stage researchers profited from this service.
The IGA offers the following services especially for international PhD students:
- individual advising and support in organizational matters,
- a proofreading service for academic texts
"On Saturday I received a letter of acceptance for the scholarship I applied for. I was thrilled! Thanks again for the invaluable support and patient advising – it came at just the right time!"